Gifts for Mother’s Day: You can implement these homemade ideas immediately!
Every year we resolve to finally surprise our mother with something special for Mother’s Day. Something that really comes from the heart and shows her how important she is to us. And then? Then suddenly it’s mid-May and we’re giving flowers again – just like last year. And the year before that… No more! This time we will do it differently and take care of the gift in time. In time is best right now. Because, here’s the reminder for all of us again: May 14th is Mother’s Day. What can we give mom? Preferably something homemade! Here are five ideas that you can implement even if you’re not a DIY pro – I promise!
1. Mother’s Day Gifts: Invitation to brunch
How cute is this idea?! And how easy to replicate?! Your mother will be happy about that. After all, what could be nicer than time spent together? Instead of brunch, you can of course invite your mother to dinner or – how appropriate – to ice cream.
You need this:
Flowers of your choice, an ice cream cone, pink cardboard, pink cotton string and a pen, scissors, ruler, hole punch
That’s how it’s done:
1. Tie a small bouquet with flowers of your choice and secure with cotton string.
2. Using a ruler, draw out the gift tag on pink cardboard (measurements: approx. 10 – 6 cm), cut out and cut off the upper corners at an angle. Then use a hole punch to carefully punch a hole in the top edge.
3. Write the invitation message on the pendant and tie it loosely to the bouquet with the cotton string.
4. Place the bouquet in the ice cream cone with the gift tag hanging out.
2. Mother’s Day Gifts: Bookmarks with real flowers
Does your mother like to read too? Then you can definitely make them happy with this DIY gift. After all, every book fan can really use a really nice bookmark, handmade with love, right?
You need this:
pressed blossoms, grass, leaves, etc., laminator, laminating film, scissors, hole punch, twine